Neuropedia.net accepts advertising on Neuropedia.net from third parties (“Advertisers”), which may include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising and content created or provided by an Advertiser (collectively referred to as “Advertisements” or “Advertising”). In addition, as used in this policy, the terms “Advertising” and “Advertisements” include third party banners, modules, links, microsites, native advertisements and other content provided by or on behalf of Advertisers. The Advertiser is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their Advertising. The following guidelines have been established by Neuropedia.net to govern various aspects of Advertising on properties within the Neuropedia.net
The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by Neuropedia.net how Advertisements are displayed on Neuropedia.net and the removal of Advertisements from Neuropedia.net. Neuropedia.net has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the website. Neuropedia.net may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable Neuropedia.net Property.
- net has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on Neuropedia.net , and under no circumstances will Neuropedia.net acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
- There are certain categories of Advertisements that Neuropedia.net will not knowingly permit on Neuropedia.net at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal, ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’ products (Neuropedia.net reserves the right to determine what is ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’)
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for Neuropedia.net.
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- pornography or related themes
- tobacco use of any kind
- the simulation of news or an emergency
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 13
- media or messages for or that reference “M” rated video games or content
- unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- media messages or imagery that strobe or flash
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated “miracle” weight loss or other exaggerated claims of cure
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
- net recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and Neuropedia.net’s editorial content. All Advertising on Neuropedia.net will be clearly and unambiguously identified. Neuropedia.net will not allow any Advertising on the website that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement”, “From Our Advertiser”, “Information From Industry” or a similar designation indicating that the Advertising is being provided by or on behalf of an Advertiser.
- A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the Advertiser’s site.
- net reserves the right to decide at any time in its sole discretion whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove Advertising from the website. Neuropedia.net cannot provide any assurances that Advertisements will perform without error on all platforms, including websites and mobile applications.
- No Advertising on the website shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code (any such pixel, tag, code or device a “Pixel”) or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of Neuropedia.net unless expressly approved in writing by Neuropedia.net. If Neuropedia.net approves the inclusion of a Pixel in an Advertisement, then unless and only to the extent that such approval contains an express exception, (i) Advertiser may not use such Pixel to collect any personally-identifiable information (PII) with respect to any Neuropedia.net user, (ii) no such Pixel can be flash or object based, (iii) the Pixel can be blocked and any cookie placed can be deleted by user browser settings, (iv) Advertiser will not link any non-PII that it collects to any PII that it may have from any other source and (v) Advertiser will not update any existing profile or create any profile in its database based on any data collected on the Neuropedia.net site, including the fact that someone is a Neuropedia.net user or any information derived from the information in the referring URL.